January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009

What a White Christmas! The snow in Oklahoma has been crazy. Oklahoma had its first ever BLIZZARD warning – yuck! The cold weather has been very rough for this sun-loving girl, but I guess it is part of it. I want to sit in the sand and sun so bad right now. Wearing an undershirt, sweater, cuddle duds, pants, gloves, coat, scarf and more is not my cup of tea – I want warm weather, I need warm weather! How do you people in the north do this???
~
As for Christmas, it was wonderful. Christmas with children makes the season come to life and I am so grateful and blessed to be the mom to two wonderful children. Once again, Josh’s excitement with Christmas is intoxicating. He is so excited and so eager to see what Santa will bring. Our little Elf, Thomas, came to visit again from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve and as usual we had a few weeks of behavioral bliss. I wonder how long I can pull this off? I wish there was a year-round solution. Ha!
~
I had to learn to take a step back this year as I wanted Santa to bring the boys a trampoline. I kept showing it to Josh and he was just not impressed. I finally had to step back and remember this is about what he wants not what I think he should have. What was the no.1 thing on his list? A batman castle. Easy, easy – and about $150 cheaper! Works for me! Josh was very excited on Christmas morning, in fact - he wanted it to start at 3:30 a.m. – however, we managed to hold him back until 6:30. Owen is still not really grasping the concept of Christmas, but he managed to perfect his unwrapping abilities. He enjoyed all his new toys – and was not impressed with his practical gifts. Owen got a small battery operated ride-on tractor for Christmas and when it warms up, I think he will really have fun zooming around the yard and chasing his brother.
~
We went to the Spencer house on Christmas Day and barely made it to my mom and dad's home. We went to pick-up my grandmother and got stuck in the snow and ice several times. You can only imagine my husband’s gracious temperament as he was struggling & slipping on the ice while he pushed our car out of problem after problem. We finally got out of the parking lot and were on our way. Christmas was wonderful and everyone enjoyed their new treats. Owen and his "melmo" (a.k.a. Elmo/Sesame Street) gifts were very cute.
~
The day after Christmas was our time with the Govier family. Once again it was entirely too cold, but Gene made some awesome snow slides for the kids. The kiddos had a ball and the cold did not seem to affect them in the slightest. As always we had a great time and enjoyed spending time with family.








No comments: