January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008

It has been awhile since I last updated my blog, and for that I apologize, but since Halloween there really has not been too much going on in our world. Just the normal Thanksgiving and then preparing for Christmas; which leads me to our first update …

Tim and I took off from Christmas Eve at noon until January 5th and we have REALLY enjoyed it! We have enjoyed taking it easy and spending time with our kids.

Josh was so excited this year with Christmas – everything about Christmas seemed to thrill him. If you have not purchased one for your children, I strongly recommend Elf on the Shelf …what a wonderful behavior control device for parents to utilize the entire month of December! Josh named his elf Thomas and now misses him greatly. Thomas made sure Josh was a good listener, cleaned his room, helped around the house, etc, etc. I must admit, I too, miss Thomas!

Santa really excited Josh as well – we made him cookies, poured him milk, sprinkled magic oats on the lawn for the reindeer and almost could not fall asleep with anticipation of what Santa would bring! And of course, Santa did not disappoint and left a plentiful assortment of toys for our boys.



Christmas Day morning is our family time and what took weeks to prepare was quickly unwrapped within what seemed like minutes. Josh was so happy with his new toys – his facial expressions as he opened package after package will warm my heart for many years to come. Owen was more impressed with the paper – man … I could have saved a lot of money! Josh’s favorite Christmas gift was his Leapster and Owen’s favorite gift was a tie between the Busy Ball Popper or Gears and Lights toy – basically if it made noise and had movement it was a success in Owen’s world.

Christmas afternoon is traditionally spent with the Spencer Family. The entire family met at my parents’ house and the gifts that filled the living room was impressive. I can remember being so excited to open gifts when I was little and how the parents always made us wait for what seemed like eternity – I am pleased to now bestow this cruel and unusual torture on my own children and nephews. Ha … it’s good to be queen bee! The Spencer Christmas is always a wonderful time – filled with great food, lots of presents and time with family – what could be better?

The day after Christmas was celebrated with the Govier Family. Karen had tricked Josh with how many gifts awaited him – when we arrived there were only a handful of gifts under the tree. Josh asked me, “mom - is that all the gifts?” and then he was quickly relieved when he went upstairs with his cousin to sort through the piles of presents. Once again, Karen spoiled her family with Christmas and we were all grateful with our gifts. The day after Christmas will always hold a special place in our heart – it was Greg’s birthday – and we spend this day together and remember a great man that is dearly missed!





No comments: