March 16, 2011

Christmas 2010



As usual Christmas was filled with F-U-N at the Govier house. Josh and Owen who are at the perfect age for Christmas did not disappoint their parents with Christmas magic. Thomas, our elf, arrived at our door just after Thanksgiving and Josh literally lit up and ran through the house just absolutely elated that Santa sent Thomas back to watch after my kiddos. I wish I had known that Josh’s response to Thomas’ arrival would have been that awesome – the video camera would have been rolling! It was absolutely amazing.

I had to take 2 weeks of required vacation time in December so I headed to Houston for a few days to see my sister and family with the boys. Tim had to stay in Tulsa to work – life of a Controller at year-end, I guess. Anyway, the boys and I had a great time in Houston. We enjoyed the White Trash Sweater Party at my sister’s house and just hanging out with their family. I wish we lived closer as my sister is my best friend and it would be great to spend more time with her and her family. Love those Dougherty’s!

Christmas morning the boys awoke at 6:30 a.m. – I was actually pretty impressed that they made it that long! Karen joined us bright and early and was at our house before we were awake. The boys opened their gifts from Santa and then their gifts from us immediately after. We enjoyed breakfast together and then the kids played with their new toys as we watched the Disney Parade.

Christmas Day was spent with my family and although it was hectic, it was great! I am a family girl and will always love the time I get to spend with my parents, grandparents, and my brother’s family. The day after Christmas was spent with the Govier family. Josh, Owen, Avery and Adalyn play so well together and they always enjoy their time together. Add new presents to that mix and you have a recipe for success!

Christmas for me, besides the religious side, has morphed into amazing moments of watching Christmas magic dance in the eyes of my children, nephews and nieces. Watching them open presents and light up with glee and is absolutely intoxicating and I don’t think I will ever get enough of it – I love it!

No comments: