September 1, 2010

January Cruise to Cozumel

At pretty much the last minute Tim and I decided that we had a rough few weeks and we needed a getaway. We called our travel agent and she worked her magic and we were sailing 3 weeks later. We decided to do this mini-vacation kid free and it was just what the doctor ordered. Tulsa was getting a horrible ice storm and we were headed to the beach – what could be better? We sailed via the Carnival Ecstasy to Cozumel and back. We had a PERFECT time. It was nice to sit on the deck and read ALL DAY LONG - haven’t done that in a while. We also enjoyed late dining and evening karaoke. The adult comedy was pretty funny as well. When we got to Cozumel we sat on the beach all day – this is what heaven will be like, I am sure.

So what did we do with the kids? My wonderful sister and her family watched Josh and Owen while we were gone. The kids enjoyed spending time with the aunt, uncle, and cousins. Apparently, Josh and Bailey had a bacon & egg eating contest and without a doubt, my kiddo won. Ha! I think a good time was had by all and I am sure my sister slept for a day after they left. Cannot thank my sister and family enough for letting us escape reality for a few days before Tim’s busy season started.





No comments: