September 1, 2010

Tim tears his ACL

Finally, it was the middle of May and the weather in OK is finally starting to warm-up. We can get the kids outside again, take a few weekend getaways, go to the zoo, hang out by the neighborhood pool, ahhhh … I just love early summer. WAIT! STOP! DO NOT PROCEED TO GO AND DO NOT COLLECT $200. So, my rockstar, soccer-stud husband thought he was 18 again and landed on his knee while he was turning to chest a ball and snapped his ACL. Have, I mentioned that I love my husband? I was on my way to a church meeting when I got a call from his mom’s cell, who was with him at the soccer game, and I remember thinking this can’t be good. Sure enough, they were on their way to the ER. After Tim suffered a significant amount of pain from the initial snap, he was surgery bound on June 1st. Tim was completely out of commission and could not put weight on his knee for 10 days. Tim did great with his therapy and is now 90% healed. He can now jog on a treadmill and will be able to start running and playing golf again in November.

Please note: I fully admit that am never meant to be a nurse. It is just not in me! When you ask Tim if I was a good care-giver during his recovery he will tell you that for about 85% of the time I was great, but the other 15% well … that is another story. However, my story and his story vary slightly. Ha!

In all seriousness, Tim’s doctor did a great job and my husband stuck to his therapy. I am glad all is good now. Oh, and yes – besides coaching Tim has hung up his cleats.

No comments: